More High-Interest Nonfiction Gr. 4-12, R.L. 3-4
Capture your students’ attention and improve their reading comprehension skills with high-interest history and science topics!
This book features 49 nonfiction stories based on themes ranging from the Boston Tea Party and baseball to tarantulas and inventors. Following each story are three skill pages featuring literal and interpretive comprehension questions based on Bloom’s Taxonomy, sentence writing practice, and a research/writing activity. A chart of skills and answer key included.
The stories encompass five themes:
• Strange and Unusual Powers and Other Mysteries
• Creatures of the Earth and Sea
• Inventors and Inventions
• Heroes and Heroines
• American Heritage and History
This versatile book is ideally suited for use in a differentiated classroom. Each four-page unit in the collection covers a wide variety of skills while providing activities suitable for differing ability levels.
The following activities are included with each story:
• Preview Words
• A Question in Test Format
• At least two Sentence Writing Questions
• Several Literal Comprehension Questions
• Several Critical Thinking Questions based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
• A Research/Writing Activity
• A Review Page in Cloze Format
A wonderful supplement to any reading, history, or science program!