Soils & Plant Growth Lesson, Google Slides & Printables Grade 7 Distance Learning
Students will learn about the components in soils, their compaction, and moisture content; they will learn about the main parts of a plant, seed germination, and how plants grow to maturity.
- make and record observations of the components of different soil types
- investigate the compaction and moisture content of different soils
- make a conclusion about the components and characteristics of soils
- determine the materials or technologies that can enhance soils
- describe the function of the roots, stem, leaves, and flowers on a plant
- examine and identify plant roots as either tap or fibrous
- observe and illustrate the germination process of a bean seed
- track and graph the growth of a bean plant
- describe the life cycle of seed plants
- research and describe how seeds germinate and grow to maturity in the natural world
- research and describe techniques used in the farming industry to germinate and grow plants in mass quantities
- identify working parts of a microscope and view prepared slides under a microscope
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.
The links in the PDF direct you to the google slide lesson. There are two links, one for editable slides and one for digital-ready slides. This gives you the flexibility to edit the student worksheets to meet their needs! The PDF includes the worksheets giving you the option for in-class instruction or distance learning.