Canadian Math Home Practise Grade 1
- Author : Silver, Anastasia
A Complete Canadian Math Curriculum!
Everything you need for Math prep and practise. This Math Home Practise book is a condensed course of instruction or review for Grade One Mathematics.
Following the most up-to-date mathematics curriculum guidelines, each book is organized according to these five general curriculum threads:
- Number Sense and Numeration (about numbers, counting, and basic arithmetic operations);
- Measurement (of distances, time, temperature, area, and volume, using standard S1 units);
- Geometry and Spatial Sense (understanding and using shapes, figures, symmetry, and translations);
- Patterning and Algebra (patterns, problem-solving, and translating between words and equations);
- Data Management and Probability (collecting, organizing, and displaying information and drawing conclusions from it).
Each topic area contains individual skills and concepts that match the learning expectations of the curriculum. Since every learning expectation in the year's curriculum is included, this is an excellent framework for teaching or reviewing the full curriculum at home.
- 25 Numeration Activities;
- 22 Measurement Activities;
- 17 Geometry Activities;
- 12 Patterning Activities; and
- 8 Data Management Activities
96 pages including an answer key.