Aboriginal Peoples, Provincial Characteristics & More, Google Slides Gr 3-4 Bundle
This collection of 4 fiction and non-fiction reading lessons are tailored to integrate language-based social studies content into their literacy time. It is also an excellent resource for split-grade teachers who would like some independent subject material for their students! The social studies focus and literacy skills used in each activity are listed at the bottom of the worksheet.
1. Aboriginal Peoples of Canada: Students will read about the Aboriginal people of Canada, learn the five main nations and how they helped the Early Settlers from Europe.
- Literacy Skills: Main Idea & Reading for Details
2. Totem Tales: Students will read about Lauren's trip with her family to Stanley Park in Vancouver. Lauren was excited, as even though she was the youngest in her family, she could finally be the expert and tell everyone else about the totem poles!
- Literacy Skills: Inference
3. Provincial Characteristics: There are many amazing places to visit in Canada. Canada’s provinces and territories are known for their diversity of landscapes and people. If you travel across Canada, you may experience how different each part of Canada is. Let’s take a trip!
- Literacy Skills: Compare & Contrast, Organizing Information
4. Crossing Canada: Students will read about Sandeep and his family's trip across Canada in a motor home for their summer vacation. A creative writing lesson is also included.
- Literacy Skills: Story Elements
- Writing Skill: Descriptive Writing
The links in the PDF direct you to the google slide lesson. There are two links, one for editable slides and one for digital-ready slides. This gives you the flexibility to edit the student worksheets to meet their needs! The PDF includes the worksheets giving you the option for in-class instruction or distance learning.