Famous Canadian Inventors and Inventions: 5 Reading Lesson Bundle Grades 4-5
Five stories on famous inventors and their inventions.
Each topic contains an information story and a follow-up exercise designed to review and develop strong reading and phonetic skills.
The vocabulary list may need to be presented before each story is read, it will help train students to use their phonetic and word attack skills effectively.
- Story#1: The De Havilland Beaver: A Traveller's Saviour
- Story#2: The Trans-Canada Highway: The World's Longest National Highway
- Story#3: The World's Tallest Totem Pole: A Beautiful First Nation Carving
- Story#4: The Inventor of Insulin: Doctor Frederick Banting
- Story#5: New Tools to Perform Body Functions: The Prosthesis
- #1 Recalling Details | Parts of Speech | Vowel Combinations
- #2 Context Clues | Adjectives/Adverbs | Syllabication
- #3 Recalling Details | Phrases | Blends/Digraphs
- #4 Recalling Details | Adverb/Adjective Phrases | Suffixes
- #5 Sequential Ordering | Objects | Root Words