Rhyme & Repitition Grades Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Author : Goyetche, Marie-Helen
Activities encourage students to play with words, build a bank of rhyming words, and provide a great introduction to poetry.
Rhyme and Repetition have been organized into five sections:
- My Rhyming Dictionary: Students can build their bank of rhyming words and create a 14-page dictionary.
- Rhyming Games: Involving students in the making of their own games will help them feel the rhyme and rhythm of the words.
- Activity Pages: Over 30 activity pages on such themes as animals, school, home, and wordplay will reinforce rhyming words after Story Time or Independent Reading.
- Creative Writing Pages: Students are encouraged to complete, continue, and fill in the blanks in short stories based on rhymes.
- Nursery Rhyme Pages: Using over 12 Mother Goose rhymes, the students are asked to identify, classify, sequence, and rewrite the rhymes.
Supports Common Core Standards for Reading, Foundational Skills, Phonological Awareness.