The Animal Kingdom Lessons, Grade 6 Google Slides & Printables Distance Learning
Students will learn about the types of multi-cellular organisms that make up the kingdom of animals.
- identify invertebrates and recognize their common and their different body parts
- research an invertebrate to describe its appearance, its habitat, what it eats, and special changes it experiences
- identify three categories of mammals, describing their physical characteristics
- research a mammal to describe how it is born and nurtured, what it eats, how it moves, its habitat, special adaptations, and the predators it faces
- identify the physical characteristics of birds
- research a bird to describe changes in its appearance as it grows, its habitat, what it eats, and how it cares for its young
- recognize the physical characteristics of fish, reptiles, and amphibians
- research interesting facts about a chosen species of fish, reptile, or amphibian
- identify invertebrates and vertebrates that make up the kingdom of animals
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.
The links in the PDF direct you to the google slide lesson. There are two links, one for editable slides and one for digital-ready slides. This gives you the flexibility to edit the student worksheets to meet their needs! The PDF includes the worksheets giving you the option for in-class instruction or distance learning.