Raising A Reader: Grade 4
- Author : Summers, Eleanor M.
Parents who take an active role in their child's education can have a great impact on the child's success.
This resource is designed to give parents the opportunity to support what happens in the classroom. Your beginning reader will enjoy the stories and activities while developing new literacy skills.
The stories, concepts, and skills are Canadian content, grade-appropriate, and aligned with the Canadian Language Arts curriculum.
Special features include the application of reading vocabulary and reading comprehension skills; a variety of activities to extend thinking beyond the story and to engage your child's imagination
The Raising a Reader series will encourage your Grade 4 child to take the steps in becoming a lifelong reader.
This resource consists of two parts:
Section 1: Reading Skills
- Uses Canadian content for all stories and activities.
- Offers reading experiences in a variety of genres: fiction, non-fiction, poems
- Provides a variety of activities that are based on skills in the Canadian curriculum.
- Extends the stories with real-life applications.
- Answer Key to make checking answers quick and easy.
Section 2: Grammar and Writing Skills
- Activities to practice and reinforce vocabulary development, spelling, grammar,
- punctuation, and creative writing.
- Skills are based on the Canadian curriculum.
- Answer Key to make checking answers quick and simple.