All About Canada Grade 2
- Author : Solski, Ruth
More than 45 activities help you teach your students about Canada and the land of towering mountains, clear lakes and lush forests.
Includes a reproducible story book told by character Jasper P. Bear. And a seven page reproducible student booklet will introduce students to Canada's flag, people, symbols and the names of the capital cities.
l. To have the students participate in a study of the country of Canada.
2. To introduce the concept of a map and a globe and to show how to use them to locate Canada.
3. To make students aware that Canada is divided into ten provinces and three territories.
4. To develop an awareness and recognition of the symbols that pertain to Canada.
5. To show students and make them aware that Canadian customs and lifestyles vary across Canada.
6. To arouse a patriotic spirit in young Canadian students for their own country.
7. To show students that Canada is a mosaic of different cultures.
- Phonics Activity Cards
- Brainstorming Activity Cards
- Word Study Activity Cards
- Research Activity Cards
- Creative Writing Cards
- Printing Cards
- Information Stories on Canadian Animals
- Reading Activity Follow-up Cards
- Math Activity Cards
- Reproducible Pictures
- Reproducible Blank Activity Cards
110 pages and a answer key.