A Habitat Creation Lesson Grade 4
- Author : Bellaire, Tracy
Students will learn about how wood lice depend on their habitat to meet their needs, and how to create a living habitat.
- create a woodland terrarium
- provide a detailed diagram of the soil mixture, layering, and the contents of a terrarium
- research, record, and orally share facts about wood lice
- locate and illustrate wood lice in their natural habitat
- describe ways wood lice depend on their habitat to meet their survival needs
- examine the physical appearance of a wood louse
- plan and conduct a scientific inquiry about wood lice
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.