33 NO PREP activities that share the good emotions associated with love and kindness, while students work on phonics, word study, creative writing, critical thinking, reading, and math skills. The teacher guide includes Valentine's Day poems, information, and suggestions for additional activities.
Students will: write Valentine's story, measure cupid's arrow, tell time, and much more!
1. To learn about the history and traditions pertaining to Valentine’s Day.
2. To promote the feelings of love and friendship.
3. To practice many learned skills through the use of a theme.
4. To develop an appreciation for poetry and stories written about Valentine’s Day.
4. Consonant Substitution
1. Writing Sentences About a Given Topic
2. Using Feelings Words in Sentences
3. Using a Given Story Beginning
4. Choose a Title/Write a Story
5. Completing a Story Starter
2. Understanding Homonyms
1. Selecting Correct Addition Fact
2. Solving Subtraction Facts
3. Measuring Arrows Accurately
4. Recording Time on a Clock
2. Classifying Red/White Things
3. Classifying Good/Bad Feelings
77 pages including an answer key.