Canada's Interactions with the Global Community Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum
This resource has been developed to cover the overall expectations of the Ontario Ministry of Education Social Studies People and Environments: Canada's Interactions with the Global Community curriculum.
This unit can be used as a whole to fulfill the overall expectation requirements or it can be used by activity to compliment other resources and activities.
Goals of this resource include:
- to have students recognize the role that Canada and Canadian citizens have played in these issues;
- to use the Social Studies inquiry process to investigate a variety of responses to the global issues identified
- and to promote an understanding of the impact on identified regions of the world of Canada's actions and inactions.
Includes 15 activities, 9 extension activities, Teacher Guide and Assessments.
- Activity #1 and #2 Vocabulary
- Activity #1 Acronym Match Up
- Activity #2 Concentration Game Cards
- Activity #3 The Global Village
- Activity #4 It’s a Small World
- Activity #5 N.G.O.s
- Activity #6 Map It!
- Activity #7 Impact Statements
- Activity #8 Report Card on Canada T
- Activity #9 Where in the World
- Activity #10 Canadian Case Study
- Activity #11 The Good, the Bad
- Activity #12 Water for Health Graph
- Activity #13 World Interdependence
- Activity #14 Piece of Aid Pie
- Activity #15 Trade Games
- Activity #16 Extension Activities