Canadian Measurement Worksheets Grades 1-3
- Author : S&S Learning
Activities and worksheets help teach the basic concepts and skills in measuring length, area, volume, capacity, and mass using objects found in the everyday environment. Both written and manipulative activities are included. Students will want to measure everything in sight once they learn how!
Teaching suggestions for planning and implementation, plus an answer key, make this easy to start right away!
Children live in a world where things are measured. At the moment of birth, they are measured and weighed. Their height is measured in notches on the wall as they grow. Children will ask, "How far away is the park?" They notice if their brother has a bigger piece of cake. Children often make spontaneous discoveries while manipulating objects; therefore, a wide range of materials should be provided. The teacher should encourage exploration.
- Students will understand measurable attributes, the concept of a unit (of measure), and the process of measuring.
- Students will make and use measurements in problems and everyday situations.
- Students will make and use estimates in measurement situations.
For the teacher:
- Teacher Assessment Rubric
- Student Self-Assessment Rubric
- Teacher Input Suggestions
- Answer Key
Student Worksheets & Activities:
- Introductory Activities
- Phonics Activities
- Word Study Activities
- Linear Activities
- Area Activities
- Mass Activities
- Volume and Capacity Activities
- Matching Activities
- Creative Writing Activities
- Reading Activities
- Math Activities
- Measurement in the Kitchen
- "Thinking About Measurement" Activities
- "My Measurement Journal"
- Reproducible Grid Sheet
96 pages including an answer key.