The Castle it the Attic, by Elizabeth Winthrop Lit Link Grades 4-6
- Author : Leduc, Ron
William has just received the best present of his life, old, real-looking stone and wooden model of a castle, with a drawbridge, moat and a finger-high knight to guard the gates.
Reproducible chapter questions, plus comprehension questions, a story summary, author biography, creative and cross-curricular activities, complete with answer key. 64 pages.
A novel by Elizabeth Winthrop.
1. To emphasize the major strategies used during the reading process.
2. To provide practice and reinforcement in a variety of language skills.
3. To foster a love for reading.
4. To improve and develop students' creativity.
5. To assess students' work through the use of a novel as a teaching tool.