Danny and the Dinosaur Activities & More! Grades 1-3 Dinosaurs in Literature,
Children love learning about dinosaurs in their science lessons, transfer their love for dinosaurs into your reading program with the 30+ activities that can be used with any piece of literature about dinosaurs. A 12 page reproducible booklet on Danny and the Dinosaur, plus guided reading questions complete the resource.
Designed to enrich any reading program, these activities promote skills in reading comprehension, creative writing, word study, research and art.
1. To develop an interest and a love for reading fiction and non-fiction material.
2. To provide background knowledge and information on prehistoric times.
3. To develop independent work habits.
4. To reinforce learned skills and to introduce new skills.
5. To develop the student's ability to think and write creatively.
For the Teacher:
List of Vocabulary
List of Resources
Teacher Input Suggestions
List of Skills
Teacher Evaluation Sheet
Answer Key for Student Booklet
Reproducible Blank Activity' Cards
For the Students:
Novel Study for "Danny and the Dinosaur"
Reproducible Student Booklet for "Danny and the Dinosaur"