Ecosystems and Biomes Grade 7 Lesson
- Author : Bellaire, Tracy
Students will learn about the characteristics of an ecosystem and the major biomes of the world.
- define the meaning of ecosystem and identify specific examples of ecosystems
- recognize an ecosystem, determine what makes it an ecosystem
- identify some common characteristics of ecosystems
- identify and describe the major biomes of the Earth
- research a biome to determine its location(s), its climate, vegetation, animals home to it
- research and report three interesting facts about a chosen biome
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.
Two teacher instruction pages and 10 student worksheets.