Lest We Forget Grades 4-6 (Remembrance Day)
- Author : Solski, Ruth
Help your students gain an appreciation for the meaning of Remembrance Day, and why it is important in their own lives. The information and 79 activities about Remembrance Day are designed to help students achieve the following:
- to recognize the sacrifice made by thousands of Canadians in the First and Second World Wars and the Korean War
- to develop an understanding of the significance of Remembrance Day
- to develop an awareness of the ceremonies and rites of the past as they are reflected in the present
- to appreciate the realities and complexities of war
- to appreciate the qualities of endurance and courage and of devotion to the principles of freedom within our multicultural society
- to learn to resolve conflict successfully
- to celebrate peace
Student will read about "What importance does the War Memorial have, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Peace Tower, and the Poppy". They will learn about these symbols and their history, and the significance they have in relation to Remembrance Day in this information-packed resource.
The treatment of the topic will encourage students to reflect on our prosperity and peace.
79 activities. Answer key. 80 pages