Exploring & Applying Your Senses Lesson & Activities Grade 1
- Author : Bellaire, Tracy
Students will learn about the five senses and how they are used to identify objects in our world.
- identify the five senses and explain their function
- give examples of how each sense is used to recognize objects in our environment
- gather and record data in diagrams and in charts to make connections to your environment
- Students will learn how the senses are applied to describe and sort things in our environment.
- use the senses of sight, hearing, and smell to identify objects in a local area
- use the senses of touch, smell, taste, and hearing to recognize familiar objects
- memorize a group of objects that are within sight
- choose and use a sense to sort a group of objects
- use pictures and words to record responses
- make connections to the environment
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.
19 pages with answer key.