Fractured Fairy Tales & The Stinky Cheese Man - using Bloom's Taxonomy Grades 2-4
- Author : Goyetche, Marie-Helen
Literacy and critical thinking activities - with a sense of humor.
Fractured fairy tales are familiar stories - with a twist. The unexpected makes them highly appealing, and they also present excellent opportunities for learning.
This resource provides a wide mixture of activities to utilize fractured fairy tales in the classroom.
Based on Bloom's taxonomy, your students will practice literacy and critical thinking skills as they:
- participate in choral fractured fairy tale readings
- study one of the best known fractured fairy tale picture books, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
- enjoy ten original fractured fairy tales with critical thinking and literacy activities for each
- write their own fractured fairy tales.
Includes graphic organizers, teacher guide, and answer key.
Supports Common Core Standards for Reading & Informational Text.