Harper & Moon, by Ramon Royal Ross Lit Link Grades 7-8
- Author : Whittington, Keith
2. To acquaint the students with the writings of Ramon Royal Ross.
3. To emphasize and practise several major reading skills used in the reading program.
4. To provide opportunities for review and/or teaching of grammar skills.
5. To point out various literary devices such as similes, onomatopoeia and alliteration.
6. To provide creative and worthwhile enrichment follow-up activities.
7. To provide additional interest in reading.
Objectives, Summary of the Story
About the Author
Tips for Teachers
Comprehension Questions for Chapters 1 to 23
Grammar Skills/Word Usage:
- Sentences, Capitalization, Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives
- Subjects, Verbs, Adverbs, Prepositions
- Building Word Point Totals
- McDowell's Orchard Invention
- Harper and Olinger Catch a Big One!
- Proper Noun Word Search
- Where Are They Sleeping?
- Jeeter and Buck Catch a "What's It?"
- Tongue Twister Fun
- Poetry Riddles
- Action Words
Reproducible Blank Activity Sheet