On the Banks of Plum Creek, by Laura Ingalls Wilder Lit Link Grades 4-6
- Author : Solski, Ruth
1. To make students more aware of the lifestyle of the early settlers that lived in North America.
2. To involve the use of children's literature in the regular classroom reading curriculum.
3. To use literature as a way to teach history.
4. To familiarize students with the writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder.
5. To develop an appreciation for the settlers who endured severe hardships while developing a new country or area.