Adventure Cartoon Story Starters Grades 1-3
- Author : Goldsmith, Tom/Wearing, Judith
These 14 cartoons will have you and your students laughing in the aisles as you practice creative writing skills. Every cartoon has been professionally drawn specifically for your student's age and interests, so you will not have any difficulty setting students to task with this assignment! Gender and cultural balance have been built into the drawings. 14 pages.
Fuel Their Creativity with these Crazy Cartoons! Cartoon Story Starters provide a collection of images of varying complexity so students with a wide range of critical thinking and writing abilities may engage meaningfully in their writing. Implement these ready-to-use worksheets into your current writing program and generate ideas for short stories, poetry, letter writing, and much more!
Through the meaningful context of creative writing, students will:
1. Interpret a variety of illustrations, using evidence from the images and their own knowledge and experience
2. Develop ability in creative, independent thinking, and ordering of ideas in a logical sequence
3. Communicate their ideas clearly and effectively
4. Communicate their ideas for specific purposes and to specific audiences
5. Apply previously learned basic skills of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and conventions of style and form
6. Practice proofreading and editing skills