Outline Maps of Canada Grades K-3
- Author : Golletz, Lynda
"Outline Maps of Canada" is an important resource to help introduce and review mapping skills, with an emphasis on Canadian maps.
Almost every map included can be used to teach or review the use of: directions on a compass rose, symbols on a legend and mapping terms such as border, boundary and hemisphere.
The maps will help students:
- recognize the shape of Canada;
- locate Canada in North America and the world;
- recognize and locate Canada's provinces, territories and capital cities;
- begin to recognize parallels of latitude and meridians of longitude;
- use a simple scale on maps of Canada;
- provide starting points for inquiry or research on specific provinces and territories;
- use a grid on a map;
- locate and name rivers and large bodies of water.