Reading Logs Grades 2-3 - The Home and School Connection
- Author : Summers, Eleanor M.
The Home and School Connection Studies show that what happens at home has a remarkable influence on learning success; this resource can help you influence your students' reading success out of school hours.
This resource is designed to provide you with everything you need to implement a reading log program for your emerging readers. Individual daily reading is a proven key factor in the development of literacy skills, and a home reading program or Reading Log is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this.
Four sample logs for leveled and easy to read books, chapter and series books, non-fiction books, and media literacy are included.
All materials for simple record-keeping, letters, and information to parents, assessments are here, as well as troubleshooting tips and resources. 80 pages
Special features include:
- simple self and parent assessments
- instructions for media literacy including web sites and audiobooks
- follow-up activities that provide a meaningful focus for at-home reading work
- plus suggestions for extending your Reading Log program in your school