Reading with Arthur, by Marc Brown Author Study Grades 1-3
- Author : Stanford, Frances
Stories to teach reading fluency and literacy strategies!
These resources will help your students develop the literacy strategies necessary to derive meaning from print and illustrations, read to find new information about a topic, and think and write creatively, using these favorite children's stories as a springboard.
Story summaries and reproducible worksheets for author's books, teacher suggestions, a resource list, student tracking sheet, and answer key make each resource easy to use. 96 pages
The student will:
- develop new reading skills and reinforce previously-learned ones.
- develop his/her ability to think and write creatively.
- become familiar with the writings of Marc Brown.
- develop fluency strategies necessary to obtain meaning from print.
Activities for these book titles:
- Arthur's Mystery Envelope
- Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club
- Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest
- Arthur Makes the Team
- Arthur Accused!
- Locked in the Library
- Buster's Dino Dilemma
- The Mystery of the Stolen Bike
- Arthur and the Lost Diary
- Who's in Love with Arthur?
- Arthur Rocks with BINKY
- Arthur and the Popularity Test
- King Arthur
- Francine, Believe It or Not
- Arthur and the Cootie Catcher