Language: The pupil will be able to follow written instructions in order to produce a specific product (ex: gingersnaps, nature photo print, secret code) or outcome (ex: playing a group game successfully).
Science and Technology: The pupil will develop a deeper appreciation for the connectedness of nature and the role of humankind in the preservation and conservation of the natural world. The pupil will develop an understanding of the role played by creative self expression in the acquisition of identity and self-esteem.
Self and Society: Through the study of Beatrix Potter's biography, the pupil will develop an understanding of how one can take charge of one's life to find one's own role and happiness.
Beatrix Potter: An Activities - Based Biography
1) A Solitary Child / Wordsearch Puzzle
2) World Beyond the Window / Neighborhood Nature Walk
3) Grandmama Potter / Gingersnap Recipe
4) A Special Friend / Circle Graphs
5) Miss Hammond & Miss Carter / Comparing People
6) Canon Rawnsley & Nature Diary / Journal Keeping
7) Museums / A Classroom Museum
8) Secret Code / Code Writing
9) Rupert Potter, Photographer / Photo Paper Experiment
10) Parties / Victorian Party Games
11) Mushrooms / Fungi Printmaking
12) Noel and Peter/ Story-Letters
13) The Tale of Peter Rabbit / Paper Bag Bunny
14) Hilltop Farm and a New Life/ Houses and Homes
15) The Royal Trust / Milk Carton Bird House
16) Peter Rabbit Lives! / Drama Activities