Remembrance Day Grades Kindergarten to 3
- Author : Solski, Ruth
Here is everything you need to teach your students about endurance, courage, and resolving conflict while providing an understanding of the sacrifices made by Canadian soldiers in the wars. A variety of language art activities - picture matching, vocabulary exercises, riddles and puzzles, reading comprehension, creative writing, and more will engage your students in the ceremonies and rites associated with November 11th.
The information and activities about Remembrance Day are designed to help students achieve the following:
- to recognize the sacrifice made by thousands of Canadians in the First and Second World Wars and the Korean War.
- to develop an understanding of the significance of Remembrance Day.
- to develop an awareness of the ceremonies and rites of the past as they are reflected in the present.
- to appreciate the realities and complexities of war.
- to appreciate the qualities of endurance and courage, and of devotion to the principles of freedom within our multicultural society.
- to learn to resolve conflict successfully.
- to celebrate and appreciate peace.
Includes 50+ activities; Teacher Information; Resources; Input suggestions and Answer Key.