Our Changing Roles & Responsibilities Grade 1 Ontario Social Studies Curriculum
Helping you meet the Ontario Grade 1 Social Studies Curriculum, these six lessons provide a great start to help you expose students to the many roles and responsibilities that help make a community a success. The goals of these lessons are to familiarize students with their growing role in the community and an acceptance and willingness to take part in the many activities that make a community successful.
- Lesson 1: Our Roles and How They Change
- Lesson 2: The Impact of Relationships
- Lesson 3: The People Who Make a Difference
- Lesson 4: Mapping our Neighbourhood
- Lesson 5: Timelines of our Lives
- Lesson 6: Our Behavious
- Extras #1 Firefighter Badge Design
- Extras #2 Behaviour Code
- Extras #3 Word Search and Unscramble
- Extras #4 Matching Game
- Extras #5 Design a Fire Truck
- Extras #6 The Mayor is Calling
- Extras #7 Roles
- Unit Test
MEETING YOUR STUDENT’S NEEDS: Depending on the needs of the students in your class, the teacher may want to scan any Teacher Notes into Kurzweil on the computer. By doing this, no matter the reading abilities of your students, they will be able to access the information of the text. Teachers are also encouraged to allow their students to collaborate on as many activities possible, in order to allow all students to be successful without modifying the text significantly.
You may also like:
Subscribe to our Fan List!: Our FANlist newsletter is full of tips on ways to save time with our resources, exclusive sales, new product info and free monthly downloads – you won’t want to miss out!
Follow us on: